1 Vazha Pshavela Ave
On behalf of our colleagues from the National Archives of Georgia in Tbilisi (GE) we would like to invite you to participate in 3rd international conference “Archival Studies, Source Studies – Trends and Challenges”.
Furthermore, proposals relating to the below mentioned topics may be submitted. Deadline for submitting proposals is 30 June 2018 (max. 500 words).
The conference is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the independence of Georgia, including the traditional blocks. Thematic emphasis will be put on 1918-21 Georgia and South Caucasus, the period preceding the declaration of independence of Georgia and the proclamation of the First Democratic Republic.
The goal of the conference is to present most recent scientific innovations, bring together the Georgian and foreign scientists to broaden communication networks, to promote the interdisciplinary and intercultural researches, to seek for adaptation ways of the modern requests of the Cultural Heritage Management and to share the novelties of the digital humanitarian sphere.
Scientific directions of the conference:
- Georgia and the South Caucasus in 1918-1921 (period preceding the declaration of independence of the South Caucasus countries, the Transcaucasian Seimas, the first republics of Transcaucasia, Georgian government in emigration)
- Archival studies
- Source studies
- Study of antiquities
- History/art history/ Ethnography
- Philology (textual criticism/study)
- Political Science and law
- Digital archives and databases
- Cultural Heritage management
- Intercultural communications
The conference package foresees small educational programs (informative lectures, electronic archives and others), which will be held within the framework of the plenary sessions.