In the first place, Matricula is a platform for providing church registers in the form of digital pictures.
But the simple presentation of digital images is just the basis for further scientific research. Therefore Matricula supports all those, who are willing to create corresponding registers in a standardized form. Matricula is open to any cooperation, whether with individuals or charitable institutions, given that scientific and technical minimum standards will be respected and the data gained will made available for the public free of charge on non-commercial platforms.
ICARUS / MATRICULA is already cooperating with the following initiatives:
Genealogical Platform GenTeam
- GenTeam provides the necessary tools for the creation of standardized registers
- manages the import of the created files into system
- guarantees copyright protection
- and enables free public access to all data.
- ICARUS provides the storage capacity for the protection and sustainable long-term archiving of all data.
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please contact: kontakt@GenTeam.at
Scientific association on voluntary basis “Familia Austria, Österreichische Gesellschaft für Genealogie und Geschichte” Registration number (ZVR): 427886617
- Familia Austria offers specially designed tables (e.g. Excel) for data collection.
- Familia Austria implements the index data into the database MARE, which is provided to researchers all over the world free of charge and without mandatory registration.
- Familia Austria is a non-profit organization and guarantees contributors their copyrights.
- ICARUS provides for sustainable and long-term backup storage of the data by providing the necessary server capacities.
For further questions and information, or if interested in cooperation, please contact: email@example.com